Featured Post

WOYWW # 773

It is Wednesday so  I am linking  to the  Stamping Ground Follow the link to find out more about  What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday  an...

Friday 16 March 2018

Tulips


This was a photo from two years ago - I love tulips and orange ones in particular!

I was delighted when my daughter sent me a tulip stamp for Mothering Sunday last weekend!

I immediately set to and made her a 'thank you' card...


I stamped the image with Versafine and coloured it with Zig real brush pens.
I then trimmed the image and distressed around the edges with 'mowed lawn'.
I simply then added it to a white card base matted with green.
I stamped 'Thank You' directly onto the green card.

Sophie received it the next day!


I then used the stamp again to make some tags. This time I stamped it with Versamark and added green and gold embossing powder roughly to the leaves and flowers.
After heat setting I used a punch to cut oval snippets of the image.


I added scraps of green card onto kraft tags, added the tulip and then the heart strips. This is a digi from LeighSB Designs that I had printed with a green filter and then trimmed to size.
Finally I added the ribbon...



The final thing I did with the stamp is a set of ATCs for a pocket letter swap:


Again I used 'mowed lawn to distress each of the elements. I used snippets of  the tulip image coloured with Zig pens. The clover paper is a digi from Imagine that Digistamps.
I added a scrap of ribbon and the sentiment (a sentiment I once got from From the Heart Stamps)


And now for something completely different - and just to finish off this post...

Another ATC ...


I am a member of the UK Stampers Network - I am looking forward to a Retreat with them next weekend - woohoo!
Anyway one of the challenges we set each other is to use a freebie in some way 
- usually 'out of the box'

This freebie was a dog and boots die from Tattered Lace.
I used the larger boot as a 'candle'!!


Happy Crafting!


2 comments:

  1. What brilliant makes Susan! That tulip stamp is going to get a lot of use I can see. And great for using on snippets as well. Enjoy your retreat.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever use of the boot. Love how
    you cut pieces of the stamp to
    make the tags. Lucky mum to
    have such a thoughtful daughter.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.