Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Tuesday 23 January 2018

Leigh SB's 2018 Poe Blog Hop - Day 4




2018 POE BLOG HOP

The hop starts on January 19 at 9am PST and is a progressive hop spanning over 5 days.
Sign up not required...simply join the hop at any time before 5 to midnight PST on January 23 to join the fun! The linky is below...

Find more details here 

Each day I am hoping to share 'something Poe' I have made in the past ...

and something I have made for this hop...

The following framed canvas I made 2 years ago - it still takes pride of place in my craft room...



To find more details of my makes from previous years, click and scroll down through
EAP Posts - In particular find the details of this frame here

So continuing with my wooden whisky case...


You remember I covered top and sides with a paper from a Tim Holtz idea-ology paper stash, distressed round the edges with black soot.



Today I want to show you the images on the top. I printed these on a grunge/steampunk paper from Imagine That Digistamps and matted them on black card. I then used a variety of markers to add colour.


In my ATC tag book last year this was one of the ATCs I made:
The ATC uses Ike's Poe Death Bed, ripped out, and coloured with a variety of fineliners.
I layered it onto blue card and black card. I then added ribbon, beads and a bow.



I am using this same image for one of the 3 elements on the top of the box.



On the right of this I have an ATC using a sentiment from Vera Lane Edgar Allan Poe


And to the left - of course - Leigh's Oddleigh Edgar Allan Poe


Here's the box so far...




I added a heart embellishment which just seemed to be destined for this box...


See the last bit tomorrow...

Happy Crafting!







8 comments:

  1. I love hat Frame...no wonder t takes pride of place...though i suspect the new "casket" will be sneaking a close second. Fabulous creating XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - and I think you are right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous framed piece and the top of the box is soo cool! Love it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry we drank all the whisky, but you've done a great job on the case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving my visits to your blog my friend. Beautiful art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo your frame is stunning and my Oddleigh Poe is thrilled to be included on the lid of your POEtastic box! Thank you so much for using my designs on your projects!

    Heads up on what's coming next! Come and get dark & twisty with us for MY DARK VALENTINE BLOG HOP!
    https://leighsbdesigns.blogspot.com/p/my-dark-valentine-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. all the cool creations here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.