Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Wednesday 27 November 2013

More Christmas cards

The Shabby Tea Room's current challenge is

The inspirational photo shows 
a cup of cocoa and festive treats.
I thought 'warm winter wishes'  from the Bugaboo MSChristmas tags!

The card must contain red white and brown.
Red and white - I thought gingham!

Here's my card:


A simple easel card using the red card and gingham to decorate and make the 'stopper'.
I coloured the tag with only brown and a little red for the robin.
I added a few reindeer, Candy Bonbon and gems.

As well as the
I am also submitting this to

So...back to trees (this years general theme for my Christmas cards!)

And this time I decided on a folded tree.
There is a tutorial for one on Splitcoaststampers

Basically you take a semicircle and fold it to make a tree.
I don't have any huge circular nesting dies so I drew around a tea plate!


I had a preshaped crad base to start - I cut and matted a matching shape out of some
 Papermania 12 days of Christmas.
I punched two holes to tie the ribbon through.
I found some golden cardstock with which to make the trees and back the sentiment.
I embossed some gold paper stars and cut them out roughly -
 these were added to the top of the trees.
The shape of the folds were defined with rhinestones.

I am submitting this to 

This card didn't really meet my criteria of being light and easy to post...
so these were my next versions...


 This time I used double sided paper which added another dimension!

I then went on to a white on white (or ivory) version:


I used an edge embossing die to first emboss my card blank.
I tried it with the mistletoe pointing both up and down - but I prefer this way.
I added rhinestones, a small star and NOEL in sparkly foam letters.

I am going to submit this to 

Happy Crafting!



17 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Love you tree with the pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your creations are darling...Thanks for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never made one of these trees but now that I have some circle framelits, I need to try it! I love the addition of the pearls around the edges of the tiers! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan. Love your folded trees with the pearl garlands. So pretty. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your folded tree is fabulous! The peals are the perfect embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards, Susan. Your folded tree card is so elegant with the pearls. (I really must try making this tree!) Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card with red gingham - a great Christmas card. And all your tree cards look fab.
    Gwyneth
    From the SDD FB Group Blog Ladder

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love the folded trees - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan, this is piece of art :) Thank you for joining TSTR challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty cards, I love all the pearls on the trees. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty cards...I love the pearly tree! Thanks for playing with the Merry Monday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for entering these delightful cards for my CHNC challenge extra for November - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Susan. I love your trees with the pearls. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Neat trees! Love your version for Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute! I love the trees you created and the pearls are a gorgeous finish.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those trees are wonderful and I love the pearls great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ab fab cards. Susan!

    Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.