Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Tuesday 12 March 2013

'Double Fold Gate' cards


Last November I made several 'double fold gate' cards to go in my Christmas card collection.
 Basically a 12 in strip of card is scored at 2", 4", 8" and 10". Mountain and valley folds are made to make a card which opens out as above but closes to make a gate. Each panel is matted with decorative paper, often rounded at the corners and usually distressed around the edges. I often add an extra rectangle for a greeting. A motif is then adhered to one of the front panels to match the theme...above I had Santa, Rudolph, stockings and festive greetings. Embellishments add the final touches.

This week I have again been looking at the 'double fold gate' fold.
 Firstly, I made a Mother's Day card.
 This was a replacement to take part in a swap as I believe my first try was lost in the post!!
 A lovely image from Kris B at  Imagine That
Papers all from my scrap bags...and sundry embellishments!


I then made this St. Patrick's Day Card as my contribution to
Again the image and sentiment is from Kris B, papers from my scrap bags.

Still on digis and 'green' I then made the following card. 
This was to meet the Lacy Sunshine Challenge
using the Lacy Sunshine Triceratops.
The buttons on here by the way are made of coconut shells and are from the Seychelles!


 OK - back to my crafting table - and a different fold I think!!

Happy Crafting!!


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Susan...and you've done a great job with Pickles and Terry Triceratops! Love their googly eyes.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wowie Susan, I love ALL of these beautiful and cute cards. I'm gonna have to try this double gate fold design soon!! I especially love your Bouquet For... and Irish Dancer Kathleen cards. Fabby job on all. THANK YOU SO MUCH, you made my day!!
    Hugs,
    kris
    IMAGINE THAT! PROGRESSIVE FREEBIE CHALLENGES

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all beautiful Susan! Love the card using Pickles and Terry. The colours are gorgeous.

    Thank you for joining us over at Lacy Sunshine Challenge.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three very cute cards. love your chosen colour palette - the double gate fold design is fantastic!

    Mandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute and what lovely designs and images xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards Susan and a great design, images and papers x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards& fantastic fold...Your designs are beautiful xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice selection of cards. The double fold gives an interesting dimetion to the cards and lots of areas to decorate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards!!! Thanks for participating in our LACY SUNSHINE challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.